VIEW BY SECTION
How we collect & hold your personal information
What information does Fodder.NZ collect and hold
How does Fodder.NZ use your personal information
Disclosing your information
Data Quality & Security
Links to third party sites
Queries, complaints, access & correction
OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
Fodder.NZ is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our customers and we manage your personal information in an open and transparent way.
We will only use your personal information when it is necessary for us to deliver you a service or perform other necessary business functions and activities.
Fodder.NZ will not use or disclose your personal information for purposes unrelated to our business activities and the services we provide, unless we first obtain your consent.
OUR PRIVACY OBLIGATIONS
Fodder.NZ is bound by the requirements of this law,which regulates how we may collect, use, disclose and store your personal information. This law also specifies how individuals may access and correct information held about them.
“Personal Information” means information or an opinion about an identifiable individual (or an individual who is reasonably identifiable), whether true or not, or recorded in a material form or not. For example, this type of information could include your name, contact details, business information and address.
HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Fodder.NZ will only collect your personal information by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner.
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- fill out business forms such as applications; or
- submit your personal details through our website.
We also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and Google.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES FODDER.NZ COLLECT AND HOLD?
Any personal information that you provide via our websites or directly is collected and managed by Fodder.NZ. The types of personal information Fodder.NZ may collect includes your:
- date of birth;
- residential, business and postal address;
- email address;
- contact telephone numbers;
- password for online access;
- testimonials or opinions;
- financial information, such as credit card details;
- information relating to your access to our website;
- business information entered onto application forms, guarantees or lease documents.
If you provide us with information about any third party, you must obtain that person’s permission to give us the information and inform them that you have given the information to us.
HOW DOES FODDER.NZ USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons including to:
- contact you;
- provide services and products to you;
- answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you;
- tell you about other products that we think may be of interest to you;
- enable us to undertake a credit assessment;
- maintain and improve customer services;
- meet our legal obligations;
- manage and resolve any legal, consumer or commercial complaints and issues;
- carry out internal functions including training; and
- conduct marketing research and analysis.
IN WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FODDER.NZ DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information, however, We only disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was given to us, or for purposes which are directly related to one of our functions or activities.
We do not give it to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told (by this Policy or by other means), that your information is passed to those individuals, businesses or agencies; or
- the disclosure is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If we engage third party agents or contractors, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that they do not breach privacy requirements in relation to the information, before we share your personal information with them.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another Fodder.NZ business;
- to companies that perform services on our behalf such as printers, post suppliers, delivery companies, data entry service providers, account management providers, IT companies that manage and maintain our database, survey companies acting on our behalf and digital marketing agencies (for the purposes of targeting on social media);
- professional advisers (such as lawyers or auditors);
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- organisations authorised by Fodder.NZ to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- upon lawful request from law enforcement agencies or government authorities; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed, we will take all steps reasonable to ensure that these third parties undertake to protect your privacy. Data is always transferred via Secure File Transfer Protocol.
We will not sell your private information or provide it to third party marketing companies without your permission.
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to us.
The personal information that we collect about you is stored on our database servers and filing systems managed by us in New Zealand.
Our websites are professionally hosted and operate in a secure environment. You should however be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your personal information via the Internet. We take website and credit card security extremely seriously. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
You can enhance your security by ensuring you logout when you have finished visiting our website especially if you accessed it from a shared computer.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Whilst links to third party websites may be provided on our website, we are not responsible for the content or practices of those third party websites.
No links may be made to our website without our prior written consent.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
Queries, complaints, access and correction
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish do to do so please use the contact details below.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make provide your complaint in writing to our one of the addresses below. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to:
- Our email address which is firstname.lastname@example.org , or;
- by NZ Post to:
Fodder NZ Limited
181 Wallace Road,
RD1, Levin 5571
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, please contact:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner on 0800 803 909 or visit their website at www.privacy.org.nz.